HELPING YOU SEE BEYOND VISIBLE DANGERS
Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) is a naturally-occurring extremely toxic gas that lurks in crude petroleum and natural gas fields. It is colourless, flammable, heavier than air, soluble in water and smells like rotten eggs at lower concentrations. Duta Klasik specializes in precise detection and protection solutions that unveil hidden dangers and prevent the loss of life and property.
H2S SAFETY DEMANDS ZERO COMPLACENCY
H2S occurs during most upstream and downstream operations conducted by the oil and gas industry. Exposure to H2S via inhalation is associated with the risk of possible fatality or sudden death with no warning symptoms. Our experienced personnel understand the risks and practice zero tolerance towards complacency in customizing world class safety protection solutions for operators as well as emphasizing continuous awareness training with a hands-on approach.
ARMING WORKERS WITH PRACTICAL TRAINING, LIFE-SAVING TOOLS
Duta Klasik H2S solutions address two critical factors: human error and mechanical fault or failure. Rest assured that our first aid-trained personnel take a zero complacency approach in planning and implementing preventive and emergency response protocols. Your workers will be trained by experienced, trained professionals to respond correctly in the event of emergency toxic gas release situations – focusing on technical competency in the donning of life-saving equipment as outlined by international occupational safety and health standards. We also supply operators with reliable safety equipment from the world’s top manufacturers.
Delivering durability in lightweight, compact designs, our industry-approved equipment from trusted international brands and manufacturers ensure improved mobility and safety for workers. We go the distance by carrying out routine inspections and recalibration throughout the service life of all equipment according to the manufacturer recommendations.
COMPLETE PREVENTIVE AND PROTECTIVE SERVICES
We provide a complete range of safety detection, protection and consultation against H2S exposure with:
- Site-specific H2S safety consultancy and contingency planning in compliance with occupational safety and health and international standards
- Rental of gas detection and monitoring systems (fixed and mobile units) for H2S toxic gas, combustible gases and harmful environmental emission gasses during drilling, coring, well-testing and other critical or non-critical operations where gas exposure is expected; with periodic gas tube sampling
- Rental of comprehensive, well-maintained respiratory protection equipment (RPE) and systems from premier safety equipment manufacturers:-
- 30/60-minute Rescue Unit (Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, SCBA)
- 10/15-minute Emergency Escape Set (Emergency Escape Breathing Apparatus, EEBA)
- 10/15-minute Supplied Air Work Line Unit (Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus, SABA)